12.08.2007

Muscle Memory

Erin Curry- sketch1Erin Curry- sketch2Erin Curry- sketch3
Erin Curry- self portrait sketch

This week I've been doing a little bit of figure drawing in my sketchbook. It has been ages and I am sorely out of practice. It is an odd sort of fumble when I begin to draw figures again, looking for shapes and my hand trying to remember the feel of it. I practiced a bit of guerrilla drawing while Tommy was sleeping, which is fairly safe except the drawing ends abruptly when he moves. So eventually I moved on to drawing portraits. My first few attempts were either timid, fussy or impatient, the third self portrait is rather comical, tight facial features and huge jaw. I pretty much grasped it by the fourth attempt.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...