6.25.2008

.

My thoughts on my work have become increasingly focused on the simplicity of materials. I have been dragging around that brown fleece for four years, I finally washed it and am spinning it. November found me plucking cotton. January I collected moss and bare polaroids of lines against the sky. April found me planting cotton and flax. May found me collecting more raw fleeces and a tiny bit of flax to spin. June found me collecting rocks in a North Carolina river and arranging them. Yesterday bits of wool were being needle felted while the cotton and flax bloomed. Is this slow art? Is this minimalism?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see an honesty in you. Watching your process. Watching it evolve and acting it out. Beautiful. Take care, Jo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...