2.20.2009

studio play

Erin Curry art ceramic spool with handspunErin Curry art ceramic spool with handspunMade this little ceramic spool a number of months ago along with some larger ones. It sat, empty and waiting until this little bit of black thread needed a safe place to stay. Upon winding the thread, the spool became a ring.Erin Curry art ceramic ring with handspun

The transformation of studio bits, all sketches and beginning ideas, fascinates me, and the cultivation of these happy moments drives me here, to this space, again and again, the moments of "make". From the seeds of studio bits, things planted a year or two ago, I can finally feel a body of work coming forth, something to feed and develop and turn into a show. My spun drawing hangs in our living room above the bed bouying my body and thoughts up in the morning a promise of what may come.
My good friend Ruth, a painter of a different kind of line, recently began a blog; this entry in particular resonates with me as do her thoughts on Art Basel Miami.

1 comment:

.girl ferment. said...

gorgeous ceramic spool.

i look forward to seeing more works from the show that this is setting the ball rolling on

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...